K-pop: BtoB's "Thriller" On Repeat

I don't get to do a lot of K-pop posts recently so I'm back with one! I've been playing this song on repeat since the day of its release and it has also become my thesis soundtrack. Can you guess what it is? (Hint: It's on the cover photo ㅋ)

BtoB's Thriller is just the type of song I've always wanted for BtoB. They debuted with an emo concept for Insane, then did a more lively hiphop concept for Wow and the cutesy concept for Second Confession. One way or another, I was expecting them to take the alley of something angsty, manly... or perhaps the undead concept which is what Thriller was like.


I'm a sucker for guyliners so as far as makeup is concerned, everything was perfectly executed. I also commend the stylists for making Ilhoon and Sungjae wear colored circle lenses. They carried them so well and it just completed the whole ~*~mysterious~*~ look. In terms of their hairstyles, I like how more than half of them became blonde (including Ilhoon, my bias ) and those who looked better with dark hair, like Sungjae and Minhyuk, retained their dark locks.

Again, going back to the song. What sold the song for me was actually the rap done by the rap line, Minhyuk, Ilhoon and Peniel. My absolute weakness is angry, speed rapping and they did just that.

I wasn't that fond of the chorus at the beginning especially the "tonight-ay-ay" and "high-ay-ay" parts but after a few plays, the chorus was something that didn't really bother me anymore. My favorite part of the song has to be the last 20 seconds of it where it was an exchange of the rappers. I don't think it gets any hotter than that.

My favorite comeback stage even though I have this urge to burn Ilhoon's hat.

You also have to watch at least one of their performances to see how good they are with live singing despite the high level of difficulty of their choreography. Again, the rapper line was flawless and I particularly liked how Minhyuk looked and acted crazy.

I do recommend for you guys to listen to the rest of the album~ especially 왜 이래 which I hope becomes their follow song. It would be much better if you could also buy their album!

Please continue to support my boys haha 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My Photo
안녕! I'm Danica and I love all things beautiful and pink ♡
Why THAT NUGU?

Followers